Tuesday, April 29, 2008

1998 Allegrini, La Poja, Veneto, Italy

One of the first wines I ever tasted was 1988 La Poja, I have enjoyed many since but almost forgot all about it after being seduced by so many other wines. This example – 10 years later, disappointed me. La Poja has always in my belief been a very seductive and satin layered wine with healthy concentration and elegance. I found way too much plum, prunes and cooked fruit in this 98’. Taste is full-bodied but a bit clumsy. (87)

Tasted 28th of May 2005, Glass: Riedel Sommelier Bordeaux Grand Cru

1998 Allegrini, La Poja, Veneto, Italy

Still disappointing showing for this vintage. It has a dull prune tone, which with more air toned slightly down. But it’s screaming for a cooler tone which could provide it with some sort of edge and refinement. (88)

Tue 19 Dec, 2006

No comments: