Friday, August 1, 2008

1995;Marcoux Vieilles Vignes Chateauneuf du Pape;Chateauneuf du Pape;Rhône;France

Second time I taste this wine. Last time just on the release. Far better then now maybe closed or?? Marcoux is a wine you either hates or loves. It comes with a dark red color and a nose that has prunes vitamin and sulfate. Not realy plesant. The taste is hard and a bit short. Not me (90?)

See this TN - here 4 years later. I score it (90?), but I really don't like. I make the classic mistake where I adapt to the role of a professional wine taster and try to see the wine from an objective scope. But - I completely forget the role of what I am - a simple amateur and most importantly a consumer. I remember the wine very well - and I would probably have scored it 10 points lower today

10/08/2004

No comments: